Because nothing says the Japanese MotoGP race is here like a Manga picture of Valentino Rossi.
Japan are starting to excel themselves as the best MotoGP poster makers and in an ‘if-ain’t-broke-don’t-fix-it’ style have once again gone for a manga stlye of drawing for the Air Asia Grand Prix of Japan at the Twin Ring, Motegi.
So here’s a little review of what makes the follow-up to last years version of all your favourite rider in manga style so good:
- It gives a good feel of who is popular in Japan (Hayden must be really popular, he’s on twice, cartoon and bike, with little chance of a podium!)
- Cal Crutchlow looks a bit less crazy in this years edition
- Rossi in manga is always going to be cool
- The artist has excellently duplicated the furrowed brow sported by Lorenzo and Pedrosa at most rounds this season as Marquez has stormed into the championship lead.
- Marquez’s permanent smile is pretty spot-on too.
- Love all the pointing and fist-pumping action!
Come on the Phillip Island and Valencia the gloves are off in round two of the big poster battle and Motegi means business!
Want a reminder of last years version, here you go: